Flower Seller – Bayaa El Ward
A Film by Ihab Jadallah |18 min Fiction Short | Arabic w/ English Subtitles | Producer Ihab Jadallah | Aanat Film Palestine
This is a thought-provoking film which follows the journey of a Palestinian traitor.
‘Abu el Ward’, a flower seller who is struggling to earn a living selling flowers at funerals in a Palestinian refugee camp, where opportunities for celebration and joy are scarce and only death remits the purchase of flowers, becomes an easy prey for the Israeli secret services.
Considered a grand betrayal in the Palestinian territories, collaboration with the enemy is a very risky business; even more so when the collaborator is discovered and is being secretly watched by the militants that he is informing the Israelis about!
Treating a sensitive and taboo subject, and packed with action; the ‘Flower Seller’ is a first-of-its-kind Palestinian thriller.
- Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival 2011
- Abu Dhabi International Film Festival 2011
- Tout Courts, Aix-en-Provence, 2011
- London Short Film Festival 2011
- Born Shorts 2011
- Postira Seaside Film Festival 2011
- London Palestine Film Festival 2012
- Barbican New Palestinian Fiction 2012
- Middle East Europe – Far too near east 2012
- Oslo Palestine Film Festival 2012
- International Film Festival Rotterdam 2017